Thursday 6 January 2011

Parts from eBay...

Generally everyone advices against ordering parts from eBay due to crappy quality etc. However... I wanted some coin returns in a hurry as these are used when you align the inner/outer skin. I found these on eBay and decided to give them a try since the price was very low. I regret it now, although I´ve been told by other members of the builders club that the seller normally delivers quality items. I´ll give him the benefit of doubt and settle on my item beeing the one bad egg in the basket...

As you can see these are no longer in one piece - the thing cracked and came apart trying to fit it to the skins - the base of each coin return just doesn´t match up, and the back piece is curved. Upon closer inspection you can see that the whole thing is made up of separate pieces glued together - not accurate enough. Lesson learned - stay off eBay.